On parenting teenagers and an infant at the same time.
Now I Know -it’s basically the same ?
- Teething, sleepless nights, colic, whatever…This too will pass. Way too quickly.
- Help them be friends with their crib. Create sleepy time rituals. A warm bath, an oil massage, lavender puppies and story time.
- Sleep pillows. Oh yes. One of my favorite things. Baby Sleep PillowSnuggle Me Organic 100% Pure-Infant Lounging and Bed-Sharing Cushion (organic cotton fill)
- Hold them like a football when they have gas.
- Pacifiers are great!
- Allow yourself to ask for and receive help.
- Appreciate every moment.
- Make time for self care.
- Thank heaven for little boys.
- Puberty, late late nights, moody, whatever …This too will pass. Way too quickly.
- Help them be friends with themselves.
- Sleepovers. inclusion. Compassion. Friendship and Sisterhood. Create a home that is their sanctuary. Not somewhere they want to run from.
- Hold them like a bar of soap. Some advice from my grandmother. Not too tight they slip out of your grasp, not too light they slip due to a lack of support.
- Help them discover their passions.
- Help them learn to be their own heroes. But know they have help if they call.
- Appreciate yourself. You’ll make mistakes. Teenagers will tell you. Don’t forget to be kind to yourself.
- Make time for play.
- Thank heaven for little girls.